So, people have been talking about it, you’ve seen the logo and snippets across social media channels and in printed media … and you still don’t know what I’m talking about? It’s The Cape Town Flower Show of course.
This really awesome event takes place 27-31 October 2016, at the Castle of Good Hope in Cape Town. So, save the date, because you simply have to be there.
Set in a gorgeous, significant and historical venue in the centre of world renowned Cape Town, at the heart of the Cape Floral Kingdom – who could ask for a better place for this show to be held? This event will bring you natural wonders like never before, showcasing inspiring, contextual and educational content helping raise awareness and promoting the importance of sustaining our local biodiversity as a precious natural resource.
Attractions include: show gardens; demonstrations, talks and workshops; a specially curated ‘flowers in art’ exhibit; a floral theatre with floristry displays and a brand new MasterFlorist™ competition; and a food and drink garden. There is so much to see, so much to do, so much not to miss out on.
We are super excited and proud to announce that The Botanical Society of South Africa (BotSoc) will be there. BotSoc in partnership with Reliance Compost are collaborating with Metro Roofs to showcase a stunning and sustainable water-wise garden exhibit. You can learn how to view your roof in a whole different light, get tips on harvesting rainwater and how to install simple systems to save water in your garden. Come and see a diverse array of stunning indigenous plants and wise planting ideas, and be sure to grab a take-home water-wise tips brochure that will be available at our garden at the show. And you can also find the BotSoc stand in the exhibitors’ hall, where the BotSoc bookshop will have a fantastic selection of quality natural heritage books on sale, where you can also become a BotSoc member. Find out more about BotSoc membership.
So, if you have your tickets, excellent, and we look forward to seeing you there. If you don’t have tickets yet, why not enter our giveaway below – it’s worth a shot. We have just two giveaways on this blog, so if it’s not your lucky day when the prize is drawn or you need more than two tickets, you can get your tickets today by visiting The Cape Town Flower Show on Computicket
***Win 2 tickets to the 2016 Cape Town Flower Show***
We are offering one lucky BotSocBlog reader a chance to win two tickets to the Cape Town Flower Show worth R360. These tickets offer access to the wonders of this awesome show hosted at the Castle of Good Hope.
And what you have saved on the entry price you could spend on treating yourself to something at the show – from products on sale to food and drink or whatever tickles your fancy.
3 easy steps on how to enter:
- Tell us what you most look forward to seeing at the CT Flower Show 2016 by checking out The Cape Town Flower Show
- Comment below and let us know, please include your email address
- Share the love if you want to tell others about this giveaway on various social media channels
Terms & Conditions:
- This prize may not be won by any staff member of BotSoc or their direct family members or any associated companies to the Cape Town Flower Show
- The prize is redeemable at the complimentary ticket counter at the Castle of Good Hope on the day and valid for entry on Thursday 27 October 2016 only.
- Giveaway closes 10 August 2016 at 12h00.
- Please note that you can only enter once and the winner will be chosen by random.org. We will contact you via email and your name and contact will be shared with the CT Flower Show organising team to ensure you’re on the guest list
Best of luck!
***The lucky winner is Shelli Louise Marx***